Discover the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, a distinguished registered charity, presents a transformative opportunity for young individuals aged 14-25. It is a voluntary and non-competitive program designed to unleash their potential through a series of exhilarating, constructive, challenging, and enjoyable activities.
This prestigious award fosters personal growth, cultivating self-confidence, invaluable skills, and outstanding leadership abilities. Its reputation resonates strongly with employers and educators alike, recognising the exceptional qualities honed through this remarkable experience.
At Ardingly College, we are proud to offer the coveted Bronze, Silver and Gold levels of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. These comprehensive levels encompass various domains, allowing students to explore their passions and develop into well-rounded individuals:
- Service/Volunteering: Engage in meaningful acts of service, making a positive impact on the community.
- Skills: Embark on a journey of personal enrichment by mastering hobbies, skills, or exploring newfound interests.
- Physical Recreation: Foster a healthy and active lifestyle, embracing physical challenges that invigorate the body and mind.
- Expeditions: Embrace the spirit of adventure through rigorous training, meticulous planning, and successful completion of a captivating journey.
- Residential Project (Gold Award only): Embark on a purposeful enterprise alongside individuals previously unknown to the participant. This extraordinary experience spans a minimum of 5 days and 4 nights.
At Ardingly College, we encourage students to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. In Year 7 and 8 students participate in an Outdoor Education Programme that prepares them for the Bronze award in Shell. In future years they complete the Silver and Gold Awards as part of their Enrichment Programme.