Transition to Senior School
- Ardingly Adventure Day: Prospective pupils, who have completed the ISEB entry process and accepted a place in the Senior School, will be invited to the Ardingly Adventure Day in the Michaelmas Term of Year 7. This is a fun day organised by Senior School teachers and house staff and provides the first opportunity for the cohort to meet each other.
- Welcome Afternoon: In the Trinity term before they start Senior School, all new pupils including those who are transferring from our Prep School, are invited to the College to meet each other as well as their Housemasters / Housemistress and staff within their new House.
- Pre-joining Communication: A comprehensive starter pack will be sent in the Trinity term before starting. Housemasters / Housemistress and Tutors will be in touch to introduce themselves and answer any questions.
- Induction Programme: At the start of the Michaelmas term there is a full induction programme which includes team-building to ensure boys and girls settle in as quickly as possible.
- Team building weekend: We also hold a watersports activity morning for all of Year 9 at the Reservoir on the first Saturday of the new term. This is followed by sports matches in the afternoon.
- Peer support: In House, Lower Sixth students will mentor all new students and help them to integrate fully within House. The house and school prefect teams are given guidance so they are able to provide advice and assist younger or new students with various issues.
Housemasters / Housemistress, Tutors and the Head of Middle School and Sixth Form are always available to discuss the progress or concerns of students. Half-termly reports and parent evenings provide structured means of providing feedback on student progress.