Academic Enrichment and Extension
“Pupils engage enthusiastically in their learning and excel in a wide range of extra-curricular pursuits and enrichment opportunities.”
ISI Report 2018
Ardingly College is a member of NACE (National Association for Able Children in Education) which specialises in working with schools and teachers to improve learning for able learners.
Founded in 1983, NACE is recognised nationally and internationally as the UK’s leading independent education organisation in the field of education for able learners.
Through its valuable network of members, NACE provides high-quality guidance, support and training, enabling teachers to attain the best from able learners in the everyday classroom, whilst enabling all learners to flourish and achieve.
TRIPS TO INSPIRE
Academic Enrichment trips are planned throughout the year to support topics taught in school. Visits to local museums and other places of interest take place regularly throughout the school year, enhancing learning and supporting the academic curriculum. Overseas trips are also offered; in recent years, students of Geography and Latin have visited Pompeii, linguists have visited France, and choristers have travelled to Rome and Tuscany.
ABLE, GIFTED AND TALENTED
Our job is to help every student maximise their potential in every dimension.
This includes ‘able and gifted’ learners, with strong intellectual and academic abilities, and ‘talented’ learners with practical skills in areas such as sport, music and performing arts.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS WE HELP TO NURTURE AND STRETCH OUR MOST ABLE AND TALENTED STUDENTS:
- A full programme of educational trips and visits
- Opportunities for students to develop leadership skills and flourish independently
- Opportunities for independent learning such as research essay projects
- Entrance in national competitions such as Mathematics Challenge, Vocab Express Global Challenge
- Individual music lessons
- Opportunities to perform outside the school and enter local and national competitions such as Mid Sussex Music Festival and Woodard Musician of the Year
- Opportunities to take part in public speaking competitions – poetry declamation; public speaking
- Art projects and the opportunity to enter national art competitions
- A full programme of co-curricular trips and visits to art galleries, theatres and museums
- Excellent Extended Sports Programme, which provides specialist training
- Links with local, national and international sports clubs and organisations.