Alongside achieving their very best academically, students are regularly excelling as part of a team or individually in all walks of school life; on the sporting field, in concerts and music examinations, in drama productions and LAMDA examinations, in art competitions and exhibitions, debating, maths challenges, and science competitions.
- Shortlisted for 2018 TES Awards for the Science, technology and engineering team of the year. First school to build a solar car and race across Australia. Dr Andrew Spiers, Director of the Solar Car Team, has been awarded an MBE for his service to education
- UK Space Design Awards: Two of our students were awarded places to represent the EU team at the final held at NASA’s HQ in Houston
- Music – Ashley Johnston wins the 2017 Woodard Musican of the Year competition
- Boys’ Football – U18 National ISFA Champions 2014/15 & 2015/16
- Girls’ Football – Alexandra Malzer selected for ISFA U18 National Squad 2017
- Girls’ Hockey – U18 County Champions 2016; U14 County Champions 2016; U18 St George’s 6s Winners 2016; Alexandra Malzer selected for U18 National Squad 2017
- Boys’ Hockey – U18 St George’s 6s Semi Finalists 2016; Seb Walton selected for U16 National Squad 2017; U15 Runners Up County Cup Final 2016.
We encourage students to make a difference to the lives of others and numerous students are involved in charity and community projects. One we are incredibly proud of is our work in a small village in Kenya where students have made a huge difference to the lives of children by building a school and supporting a food project.
Over the past five years the most notable developments have been an impressive Sixth Form house, Godwin Hall; total refurbishment of all the girls’ houses, an all-weather sports pitch and a Strength & Conditioning Centre. We are currently building a new three-storey science building and extending our Music School. Our longer term plans include a new facility for our performing arts and extending our house facilities.