We welcome applications from international students with a strong academic profile. It is imperative that prospective applicants have an excellent command of English in order to access and cope linguistically with the rigours of the curriculum. As a guide, we require an IELTS score of 6.5 or above (Sixth Form applications). We can provide some EAL tuition, for which there is an additional charge.
We encourage every international family to attend an Open Event at Ardingly, as the best way to get an initial feel for the College. We offer Senior School Open Events every September, March and May. In addition, each term we hold one virtual open morning for overseas families. Please register to attend here.
Before registration we ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide copies of the applicant’s two most recent grade school reports and a handwritten personal statement.
The personal statement should include:-
- School career to date;
- Details of any sports, music or art activities either within school or in own time;
- Aspirations and expectations for future career.
Once registered candidates are required to sit entrance assessments as follows:
- Year 9 – this will usually be either the ISEB online test in English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. Alternatively, if English is not the candidate’s first language, they will sit paper assessments in English as an Additional Language (EAL), Maths and Verbal Reasoning.
- Years 10 and 11 (Pre-Sixth Form Academic Programme) – candidates are required to sit assessment papers in English (EAL), Maths and Science.
- Sixth Form – candidates are required to sit an online CAT test as part of their application and additional papers depending on the subjects they wish to study as part of their Sixth Form Programme. These may include English, Maths and Science papers.
Subject to satisfactory assessment, candidates are invited to interview with a member of the Senior Academic Team and a tour of the school with one of our pupils.