From their first year in the College, students are encouraged to undertake independent personal research, and students go on to complete HPQ, EPQ or Extended Essay qualifications during their time at Ardingly. These tasks are not only valuable in their own right but help students to develop the independent thinking skills required to succeed in the exam hall. Our exam results reflect the high standards of teaching at the College but also the extent to which students are inspired to strive for personal academic bests. The academic life at the College is inspiring and engaging, both within and beyond the classroom.
“The quality of the students’ academic and other achievements is excellent.”
ISI Report 2018
Excellent results are at the heart of everything we do.
ACADEMIC ARDINGLY OFFERS:
- A broad range of well-recognised GCSE and IGCSE courses which prepare students for Sixth Form study;
- A choice of popular A levels or International Baccalaureate or BTEC in the Sixth Form;
- A dedicated and experienced house-based tutor team to support academic development. When students enter the Upper Sixth tutors are matched based upon their expertise and the subject choice and career interest of the student;
- Excellent academic enrichment programme and range of academic societies;
- A curriculum extended by exceptional educational visits and lectures;
- Research and creative thinking lessons for Shell (Year 9), culminating in an independent personal research project;
- Bespoke Pre-IB programmes for new students in Fifth Form (Year 11);
- Excellent, structured and targeted support for students with SEND or EAL