A World IB and A Level School
THE SIXTH FORM
Ardingly Sixth Form aims to develop confident young adults excited by, and equipped to deal with, the opportunities presented by the wider world.
2012 was another fantastic year for our Sixth Formers, whether they studied A Levels or the International Baccalaureate. It was a year of excellent IB achievements; seven out of forty students achieved 40 points and over putting them in the top five per cent of the highest IB achievers in the world.
Huge congratulations are due not only to those with the highest grades, but to everyone who has been awarded the IB Diploma. These students join a global IB network whose extraordinary achievements are welcomed by universities and employers throughout the UK and around the world. The IB is an amazing way to ease students’ transition from school to the academic demands of university and life beyond. At A Level, students were also celebrating “excellent” results with the A* featuring strongly.
In 2012 sixteen per cent of the AL cohort achieved the A* - well above the national average. 72% of all grades were A*-B. In Maths, French, German, Economics and Spanish 100% of grades were A*-B.
In the Sixth form, the outstanding curriculum includes both A levels and the IB, offering a wide and varied range of subjects that meet the pupils' interests and abilities well". ISI Inspection report 2012.
Ardingly Sixth Form offers:
- A choice of two well recognised, broad and exciting academic programmes; International Baccalaureate and A Level
- Excellent examination results
- Comprehensive Higher Education advice and excellent University placement, Oxbridge preparation and support with USA and overseas applications
- A dedicated, experienced and specialist Sixth Form Tutor team
- A thriving Headmaster's Lecture Programme
- A stimulating range of academic societies
- A core programme supporting a student's personal and social wellbeing
- Opportunities to develop leadership qualities
- A well developed Community Service programme
- An exciting enrichment programme
- An outstanding extra curricular programme
- A caring and supportive House system
- An opportunity to study alongside students from around the World
"Pupils make excellent progress overall, because success in examinations complemented by extensive achievement not only across the broad and challenging curriculum, but also in the considerable range of activities and opportunities for enhancement". ISI Inspection Report 2012.
For more information about the Sixth Form and courses available please email Jane Collier, Head of Sixth Form and IB coordinator Jane.email@example.com.
Alternatively if you would like to contact a Sixth Form student to find out more information about the Sixth Form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Sixth Form courses available please see the Sixth Form Courses booklet
Ardingly College, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH17 6SQ